- Fraud
- Death
Help Line 1644-0644
A Quarter Report
 Home > Consultation > Consultation Free Board (Q&A) > Urgent....Need Help

Urgent....Need Help
    bhylenski     2008/02/18 1:56 am

Hello,

My name is Bryan Hylenski. I have worked in Korea for the last year. During that time, I was in a car accident. I had full insurance and my car was registered. I did not flee the scene and I was not drunk. I paid my fine and I apologized. I believed everything was ok! The police officers, my employer and the justice departmet told me I did everything right and even thanked me for paying my fine and not just leaving the country!

I was awarded a job at a University near Daegu. I was awarded an E-1 visa based on my job experience and career expertise. My wife and I have a newborn baby and have planned to raise her in Daegu together.

But, today I was contacted by my employer and they told me the Minstry of Justice rejected my visa! Their reason was I had a CRIMINAL RECORD?? They told me a car accident represents a criminal offense, therefore I was not allowed to work in Korea.

I am wondering if there is a way to appeal this decision? I am an upstanding citizen with a clean background in America and many references from friends and employers here in Korea.

My dream has been to raise my daughter, together with my wife. South Korea and Taekyeung University has given me that opportunity. I could work during the late morning/afternoon as a professor teaching what I love, while spending my mornings and evenings with my family. This was my dream job! We have spent the last 3 months planning for this part of our life.

And now we are told we cannot live in Korea, because of a car accident. I don't understand...do I have any options??

I can not believe that after making a mistake (an illegal left turn), then doing everything else right, taking responsibitlity for my mistake and paying the fine. Korea responds by kicking me out. Is there anyone I can talk to or appeal to??

I am flying to Korea on Wednesday to try and appeal this situation and plead my case to any one who will listen. Where should I start? I am an honest person, with a family and a clean record in my home country, but here in Korea, I'm viewed as a criminal....

Please help me.
Thank you
Bryan Hylenski

view list 

Jump to:  

KMcenter 137-1 Garibong 1 Dong, Guro-Gu, Seoul. TEL:02-6900-8002 FAX : 02-6900-8001 E-mail : info@migrantok.org
Copyright by 2004 MigrantWorkers Center in Korea. All right, reserved. Representative : Son Jong Ha
Supported by ONTOIN