- Required Insurances (4)
- Filing of Civil Suit
- Demand for Compensation
- Assault and Physical Abuse
- Fraud
- Death
Help Line 1644-0644
A Quarter Report
 Home > Consultation > Consultation Free Board (Q&A) > MY RIGHT TO ATTEND CHURCH

MY RIGHT TO ATTEND CHURCH
    RELATIVITY     2007/10/25 6:47 pm

GOOD DAY, SIR/MA'M,

I'M JOHN (MY NICKNAME). I PLAY AS A KEYBOARDIST IN A BAND HERE IN DAEJEON, SO OUR WORK ARE AT NIGHTS, FROM 8:30 TO 3AM....

THE KOREAN IN CHARGE OF THE MUSIC IN THE BAR WHO'S ALSO IN CHARGE OVER THE FILIPINOS AND CHINESE BANNED US TO GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS, JUSTIFYING IT BY SAYING THAT WE ARE MORE PRONE TO RUNAWAY WHEN WE MEET OTHER FILIPINOS AT THE CHURCH...

I GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY, AFTERNOON (SO IT DOESN'T AFFECT MY JOB IN ANY WAY). FIRST, BECAUSE I NEED TO FOR MY SPIRITUAL NEEDS, AND SECOND, I PLAY KEYBOARDS ON THE CHURCH (WITHOUT PAY, IT'S NOT 'ANOTHER' JOB, IT'S MY OWN VOLITION, FREE-SERVICE)

I'M GOING TO TALK ONE OF THESE DAYS BEFORE SUNDAY WITH MY PASTOR AND ASK HIM FOR WHAT TO DO...

FOR NOW, I'M GONNA ASK YOU IF YOU COULD TELL/GIVE ME ANY WRITTEN DECREE ANYWHERE IN THE INTERNATIONAL LABOR LAW, OR KOREAN-MIGRANT LABOR LAW  WHERE MY RIGHT TO GO TO CHURCH IS EXPLICITLY WRITTEN THERE...(I NEED TO KNOW  WHERE IT'S WRITTEN, WHAT DECREE-NUMBER..ETC), AND IF POSSIBLE, IT'S KOREAN TRANLATION TOO (AND I'LL PRINT IT...BECAUSE MY EMPLOYERS HERE UNDERSTAND VERY LITTLE ENGLISH)

I THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR... I NEED THE ANSWER BEFORE SUNDAY...BECAUSE I'M NOT PLANNING TO OBEY HIM (THE KOREAN IN CHARGE OF US, WHO TELLS US NOT TO GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS)...

THANK YOU PO...

JOHN (TRUE NAME..MARIO MABUTAS, JR...)

DAEJEON (I CAN'T TELL YOU THE NAME OF THE CLUB WE WORK, FOR NOW, THIS THING'S I FEEL IS KINDA SENSITIVE OR COMPLICATED)

01072650371.... HERE'S MY NUMBER, SIR. YOU CAN JUST TEXT ME THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION ABOVE IF YOU LIKE...

감사함니다

view list 

Jump to:  

KMcenter 137-1 Garibong 1 Dong, Guro-Gu, Seoul. TEL:02-6900-8002 FAX : 02-6900-8001 E-mail : info@migrantok.org
Copyright by 2004 MigrantWorkers Center in Korea. All right, reserved. Representative : Son Jong Ha
Supported by ONTOIN